Problems with IMLIB > SHM-MIT and Enlightenment

sud_crow

Im having this problem with Enlightenment 0.16.6 and in Arch Linux not MDK, though noone had this there so im asking here, and as is a E16 issue not a distro issue im doing it in the soft forum, hope its ok.

As soon as i start x i get this message from Enlightenment:

error-e16-imlib.jpg

So i looked around and found that i can enable the option with imlib_config, here is the shot:

imlib_config.jpg

As you can see there is the option MIT-SHM Shared Memory Enabled so i tick it, and then save the things (did it as root and i get an extra button to save as "Save System Config" next to the "Save User Config" -- saved both)

But when i restart Enlightenment the warning shows again and if i run imlib_config i see it de-activated again (the MIT thing), even without restarting and as soon as i checked the box and closed "imlib_config".

Any one has a clue on how to make the save setting work?

Im was thinking it might be some kind of write perms issue, but doing it as root should have solved that...

just guessing but i think you need it in your fstab

/dev/hda8               /               reiserfs        noatime,notail                  0 0
/dev/hda5               /2k             vfat            umask=0,codepage=850,iocharset=iso8859-1 0 0
/dev/hda6               /ml             reiserfs        noatime,notail                  0 0
/dev/hda9               /share  reiserfs        noatime,notail                  0 0
/dev/hda7               none            swap            sw                      0 0
/dev/cdroms/cdrom0      /mnt/cdrom      iso9660         noauto,ro               0 0
none                    /proc           proc            defaults                0 0
none                    /dev/shm        tmpfs           defaults                0 0

gentoo root # df -h
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/root             4.9G  2.8G  2.2G  57% /
/dev/hda5             9.4G  7.2G  2.3G  77% /2k
/dev/hda6             3.0G  1.9G  1.1G  63% /ml
/dev/hda9             4.5G  1.5G  3.0G  34% /share
none                  126M     0  126M   0% /dev/shm
gentoo root #

Edited by bvc

I dont think it has something to do with that, its more a Imlib libraries problem i think, i got to thinking this when i saw i had

none                /proc  proc      defaults            0      0

none                /dev/shm  tmpfs  defaults            0      0

tmpfs                  /tmp      tmpfs  size=2G,nr_inodes=10k  0      0

none                /dev/pts  devpts    defaults            0 0

it in my /etc/fstab and its also loaded when i do a "df -h"....

But i did found something else, i got to know that the setting are stored in ~/.imrc and /usr/etc/imrc, so i edited all the files i found with locate imrc (as root) and it keeps happening though i have this:

Dither yes

Remap fast

HighQuality on

Mit-Shm on

SharedPixmaps off

So i dont know what might be... i think its loading it from somewhere else or

its overwriting (although i checked the file when i restarted and everything is as i left it)....

by the way, i tryed turning on Shared Pixmaps just in case, and it didnt work either, also if i run imlib_config (the 2nd screenshot) the "MIT-SHM Shared..." continues disabled, and the Shared Pixmap too... wierd....its like its saving it somewhere else... how can i check where is saving things or something??

Edited by sud_crow