Network Connection

TRT

Hi,

i´m having Problems configuring mandrake 9.2 to access the inet.

I connect through a router so i choose lan connection in the wizard.

Then it finds my Network Card (on a nforce Board) but when i click "next" i see a screen stating that it installs the drivers but after ~1s it goes back to the screen where it asks if i have any more network cards...

This can be done again and again.

Thx four your help

Are your nforce drivers working? Are you networked in your house so that you can verify the function of your nic? I have seen some issues with the nforce boards with on-board nic. You should use the nvidia drivers found here.

Hi,

Yup DSL.

I´m sure Lan is the right connection type since the router is connected with my pc through the network card and its also the same in win.

sound (which is also onboard) is working fine.

I already tried the drivers from that link but nothing changed.

Maybe it´s only a GUI Bug so is there another tool i can use for setting up my Connection? (too bad that the wizard has such a strange behaviour)

Hi,

I'm running an Nforce2 board, and have had the same problems. From what I have found, the sound will work fine out of the box, but hte NIC does not. The drivers from Nvidia (small download) and the Kernel-source (big download) are needed for it to configure. Let's put it this way, it's enough of a hassle that I have a seperate NIC card in my PC that MDK can configure without help, and I keep the Nforce NIC disabled in the bios.

Sorry to rain on your parade.....

Capn.