Mandrake financial results

Darkelve

I hope they really get on with oem deals; preinstalled preconfigged is the way to go to get on the average users desktops.

If ever I find the time, I'll do it in my area. Doesn't look like I'll ever find the time, just have my first (and hopefully last) 90+ hours workweek behind me and on this Tuesday I'm having my delayed weekend...

Their bailout could come from a test underway with Israeli government. As it stands they have still lost close to US$2 million. They have cut their organiztion to the bone. They (along with most other Linux distros except Suse (the only one I have seen) have pretty much stopped the retail option because of Mandrakesoft-described as poor sales at that level disproportionate to returns. The next release must be a killer or they are toast. Also watch the January court review and if their plan to be out from under court supervision by March as Duval has indicated.

From where I now post the most, there has been an increase of interest in other distributions after the Red Hat move with Slackware and Suse leading the recommendations. Knoppix as a painless road to Debian is also being widely discussed. Since Linuxiso.org supports forums for many distributions, there are many divergent discussions. It is the place to go for those interested in opinions about alternatives and I was surprised on coming back here how many more people are running more than one distribution.

Counterspy