SBLive! 5.1 soundcard

NBN

:wall:

Just found out something that i think is horribily importent, after viewing my soundcard in harddrake i noticed there was one object inside the catagory "Unknown|Other" and i went to see....

Turned out the name was: [sB Live! Value] Input Device Controller

My SBLive! 5.1 input device controller named as unknown device?

Oh my dear god..... or as i actually said it: :furious3:

:geek: -NBN- :geek:

Guest kuchwas
:wall:

Just found out something that i think is horribily importent, after viewing my soundcard in harddrake i noticed there was one object inside the catagory "Unknown|Other" and i went to see....

Turned out the name was: [sB Live! Value] Input Device Controller

My SBLive! 5.1 input device controller named as unknown device?

Oh my dear god..... or as i actually said it: :furious3:

:geek: -NBN- :geek:

You should be able to get it to work with OSS or ARTS, but ASLA does not support it either. Use harddrake and select the emu10k1 driver. You should still be able to get it to work.

Hi,

I am not sure if you too have a Dell machine. The soundcard I have seems to be the same one you have (is the device id 1102:0006). I hate to break the bad news but that card is not supported under ALSA. Even though it is being called SB Live!5.1, it does not use the emu10k1 module. You pointed out earlier that you were using the emu10k1x driver. Those are the OSS drivers. I too was using them but the quality of sound while trying to play audio CDs was horrible. That is why I decided to try ALSA, only to find out that my card was not supported. All the SB Live! cards given in the soundcard matrix on the alsa webpage are for cards which use the emu10k1 module, not the emu10k1x. So...I have given up on sound. The only way out is to buy a new card or to wait till somebody writes an alsa driver for this accursed "Dell" Soundblaster Live! 5.1 Card.

I also sent out an email on the official alsa mailing list. Someone there confirmed that this card is not supported.

Regards,

Sanjiv

• 2 months later...