wacom USB tablet and ATI 9000pro?

ramin

Hi,

I am planning to buy Mandrake 9.2 power pack edition. I would however need to know if it can support my hardware:

1- wacom inotus USB tablet

2- ATI 9000pro graphic card: 3D acceleration and other features of this graphic card

My questions:

Do these hardware are automaticly detected and the relavant drivers are installed out of the box or one has to make tweaks and install the drivers?

I have read that mandrake has already included the ATI drivers in their power pack package. So my suspect is that it should work out of the box. I would however need confirmation from poeple who have had these hardware and have real experience with them.

Note: Right now i am using Suse 8.1 but planning to switch to Mandarke. I failed to install ATI and wacom linux drivers

(from wacom linux project) drivers and this is one of the reasons i am thinking about Mandrake.

Regards, Ramin B)

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is an old post, but if you still need/want help, the waco tablet is supported under mandrake 9.2 WITHOUT installing any extra drivers. You can let the installer set it up as a basic USB mouse and if you want full function out of it, all you have to do is search google for "wacom linux" and you will find the Xconfig to make everything work, including pressure sensativity.