single html file archive like .mht?

:wall:

Ugh i wan't to be able to use something equivalent to .mht (multipart html files) in linux, html with encoded pictures file attachments etc all in the same single file.

Mozilla doesn't even support opening .eml files correctly which is funny as you can use Mozilla to save as .eml :screwy:

anyway if Mozilla can't handle encoded pictures in a multipart text/html file what am i to do?

create my own format? perhaps a tar.gz archive of the normal saved html page which contains the page.html and a folder page_files which has the pictures etc in it.

call it say page.gzwp associate .gzwp file extension with a shell script that extracts the files into the /tmp directory and launches your default web browser with the extracted .html file.

Thats about the best thing i can think of, waiting for Mozilla to support .mht or even .eml which has had many bug fillings over the years is just futile.

The bad thing about this is how to save the files initially. Sure you could write a script and feed it the url of the page but you probably downloaded it to view it in your browser, it would be an extra step and a waste of bandwidth/time.

Maybe a quick hack would be to write a printer driver for outputing the files.

Any ideas/existing alternatives?