KDE bugs

Uiler

Hi

I have some annoying KDE bugs I hope someone could help me with. The first one is one that has been bugging me since 9.1. Randomly new windows that pop up will not have any of the content. It has the title bar and that's it. Resizing it doesn't help (if you maximise it, you still just have the title bar) and it's not shaded. If you close it and re-open it it's usually fine again but it is very very annoying (and sometimes potentially dangerous - like the times it occurs in a dialogue box in Mandrake Control Centre, effectively locking the whole thing up because I can't click OK if there is nothing under the title bar...). It's still occuring in 9.2.

The next problem has only come into being with 9.2. When I use Matlab, cut and paste doesn't work. I can't copy stuff from Matlab to say xemacs and if you look in Klipper the stuff you just copied from Matlab isn't even listed. Now if you exit out of Klipper it works fine, but does anyone know a way I can fix this permanently? A config file setting? Anything? Something I have to live with?

Thanks!

How have we been installing ?

Did you upgrade from 9.0 or was 9.1 a fresh install? was KDE installed from Mandrake's ISO's? How bout 9.2 --- fresh install or upgrades?

I am suspecting some mixed up libraries from upgrades. 9.0 to 9.1 changed a lot of libraries.

How have we been installing ?

Did you upgrade from 9.0 or was 9.1 a fresh install? was KDE installed from Mandrake's ISO's? How bout 9.2 --- fresh install or upgrades?

I am suspecting some mixed up libraries from upgrades. 9.0 to 9.1 changed a lot of libraries.

Hi

I always do fresh installs (format, install). I've heard enough of the problems about upgrading. I always use the stock standard stuff from Mandrake and only apply security patches as I don't have a good internet connection. I don't mess around with new programs or upgrading very much.