problems burning mdk92 isos

momaley

This is my first time trying to burn ISOs. I got the 1st cd to work, but cd2 and cd3 appear to be blank. I've verified the checksum, and cdrecord burns all 600+ MB, but my CDROM can't read the disc (invalid media). The burner accepts the disc (valid media), but claims it's empty. I suspected it was the "cool colors" cds I was using for the first time (not gonna buy those again!), but I tried it on a couple HP cdrs and had the same problem. I also borrowed my friends computer and tried to burn them in windows - same problem. Got any ideas? I really wanna try 9.2, but I'm getting frustrated. Thanks in advance.

Mike O'

One more question - I have installed mdk92 from the first cd, can I then use rpmdrake to install the remaining packages? I tried this using a couple mirrors on the mandrake site, but it failed, I think because it couldn't find the rpm signatures. I haven't found much documentation on this subject. Is it possible to intsall the rest with rpmdrake? Thanks.

If your other cd's are bad, you should be able to load a functioning system with the first cd, and then use the net for the balance. The first cd contains kdebase, which means that you should be able to get enough kde to get on to the net. Then you can add one of the 9.2 trees as a source, and then use urpmi to load programs.