Sound on a Toshiba Laptop

Guest Joe Noob

Guest Joe Noob

Ive noticed that some of the posters here have Toshiba laptops and I hope some of those have yamaha sound cards.

I didnt think my sound card was supported until SuSE 8.2 got it up and running automatically. Anyway I was wondering if someone could tell me the proccess in getting sound to work I tried twice in 9.1 and I just ended up with a box that taunted me with a screen that basically said " You screwwed up the whole sound thing so bad that now I cant even find your sound card, Please go back to windoze ---Press the OK ,close window button or simply shutdown your computer to agree Have a nice day Idiot.

Ive looked to see what suse has and tried to copy it.Suse uses alsa so i changed mandy to alsa and used the sndblah blah driver basically the only option it gave me and still no tunes.

:wall:

Edited by Joe Noob

My Satellite 2805-S402 has a Yamaha sound card and it is auto-detected using PCLinuxOS live CD which is based on Mandrake 9.2 with some Texstar tweaks. My card is detected as a YMF-754 DS-1E audio controller (snd ymfpci).

Due to limited harddrive space until I finish a doctoral project using some Windoze software, I haven't yet installed to hd on this laptop. Let me know what other info you need and I'll boot to the Mdk and see if I can dig up more info for you.