Why can't I recreate my Menu with update-menus

EvolutionXtinct

:wall: Ever since I installed GAIM .072 on MDK9.1 I lost my menu's for K :( I was able to update-menus my menus back ONCE but that didn't solve anything it was the wrong menu that left out all the Mandake stuff, also I get weird lil things with menudrake it won't save any changes nor will it revert back to its restore :( I'm running a P4 3.0cGhz with Corsair XMS TwinX PC3200LL RAM and a WD 250gig SATA drive. Confused on all the SMALL but annoying problems. I don't know if I should do a fresh install or what *sighs* @ this point i'm just lost and confused I'm new to linux so this doesn't help at all :) Any available help would be greatful Oh and when I did update-menus -d this is the only bad output I got after it started loading the menu files

Can't stat /home/neiko/.kde/share/applnk-mdk-simplified: No such file or directory

at /usr/bin/savekdemimetypes.pl line 44

cp: cannot create regular file `/home/neiko/.kde/share/applnk-mdk-simplified/.directory': No such file or directory

Update-menus[3686]: Running method:/etc/menu-methods/simplified//gnome

cp: cannot create regular file `/home/neiko/.gnome2/apps-mdk/.directory': No such file or directory

Thnx,

EvoX

If the fix that illogic-al suggested in his FAQ didn't work, have you tried this one: http://www.mandrakeusers.org/index.php?showtopic=8481 ?

One step that I left out of there, but will tell you now, is that I deleted my ~/.gnome* and ~/.kde* directories first, before running menudrake from a terminal (or Ctrl + T in KDE)