9.2 Workstation DVD & downloaded ISOs

Akai

I bought the Workstation DVD version of 9.2. I can not make a backup copy of my DVD because of some read error at the end of the disk. I am now downloading the 3 ISOs and plan to install fresh from those.

Can I use my DVD as an rpm-library with ISO-installed version?

I also hope, that the downloaded release is not so buggy as the purchased one. I used several days of re-installs and reformats and setting LILO/GRUB in different locations on my two disks and finally realized, that one must set ACPI OFF, otherwise MDK 9.2 freezes immediately on boot. Why on earth did they default this value to ON?

The other annoying error was, that network addresses kept dropping off, no matter how I tried to set them. Finally, after downloding some 100 megs of fixes and updating the system it finally started to keep those addresses. I have 3COM network adapter.

I'd like to hear if others have similar experiences with the DVD-release.

Fonts are one thing, I can not complain about - they are the best I've ever seen in any Linux distro so far. They look good in Mozilla, too! Great!