Icons for IceWM

Steve Scrimpshire

In order to place icons on the desktop of IceWM, it is my understanding that I need some type of 'desktop file manager'. I tried dfm and do not like it at all. Numerous problems:

(1) Once clicked, an icon changes colors to almost a negative of the original colors and so if I single-click one, it stays that funky color and even removing focus from it does not return it to the proper color. The only way to return it to the proper color is to actually double click it, which of course launches whatever application.

(2) If I am attempting to use it to browse folders, the contents are not aligned and I see no way to align them. They are just a jumbled mess.

(3) Those stupid little 'shortcut' arrows added to an icon if it is a shortcut to an application. I didn't like them in Windows and I definitely don't like them in Linux.

Is there an alternate way to add icons to my desktop in IceWM?

Edited by Steve Scrimpshire

Idesk was more what I was looking for. I don't really care about the filemanager part, just the launchers. Thanks! Tried Rox. Lame IMHO. I still want IceWM managing my root window if I can and it seems that with Idesk, I can do it. Thanks again.