firewall to satellite prot

brucer425

Hi

I have been researching this for about 2 weeks

Current firewall setup used is Mandrake 8.2,transparent content filter (Dansguardian), squid and Shorewall at 12 schools on Idsn connections (it runs Great)

I have it running on IdSN conections but I have 12 satelite locations where I need to setup my firewall to connect to the satellite reciever

This will be done with a crossover to port 9377 at a given ip 10.10.10.10.

I can't get reliable connection because I don't know how to assign the ip:port as the gateway or route or ???

Squid I know doesn't handle any port forwarding, Shorewall doesn't handle outgoing ports so HELP

Any suggestions sure would be appreciated

Thanks the grumpy_old_tech

I'm probably not the guy who wil solve the problem but one with a suggestion...

Shorewall can do portforwarding if that is what you want....You can add rules for that in the /etc/shorewall/rules-file for example...think it's FW but not sure since I haven't ued the command myself...

In the rules-file you can find some examples and documentation....Hope thi shelps some, els eyou may always post back ofcourse...

This looks a little bit easy to what you have already done..(the portforwarding-stuff....) Ofocurse I don't know exactly what you had do do...and how you did it...but anyway...

Hopes it helps some.

Edited by Michel