Mandrake 9.2 beta2, AMD64 and VIA SATA

hifi

Just tried to install Mandrake Linux 9.2 beta 2 for AMD 64, but there's one big problem... I have only 1 hard drive, connected Via VT8237 SATA-connector, and installation program can't find any hard drives. Download pages says, that in beta 2 should be support for VIA SATA controller, but...

So, can anyone say is there really support, and if there is, how to make hard drive work (eg. what driver, what parameters and so on).

Motherboard: MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R

Hard drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA, 120 GB

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3200+

Thanks for answers allready

Hi-Fi

The first thing I'd check is that the hard drive is connected properly. Is it listed in the BIOS configuration? My housemate has a SATA controller and its BIOS is seperate to the main motherboard BIOS. For it to work we had to enable SATA in the main BIOS and then configure it in the SATA BIOS. Its not worth trying to install an OS until the hard drives are properly detected and configured.

Note:

I hate you, I want an AMD64 :evil:

Hard drive is woking properly in WIndows XP (that needed drivers too before install found HDD), so it should be OK. Hard drive isn't loaded in POST screen, it loads itself just after that, and there isn't any settings for that, because I have only 1 HDD and settings are for RAID.

So I think that this is still driver related problem. BTW. I can see SATA controller in "Hardware detect" (or something like that) screen, but it says "unknown"

And if I can get Athlon64 in here Finland, I think that everyone can get that =)

There is a kernel that supports the Via SATA controller ( see this topic: http://www.mandrakeusers.org/index.php?showtopic=9130 ), but I have no idea how to set up your installation media to use that kernel for install and to add as a package.