Kernel Headers for mandrake 9.1

flight_master

Welcome!

kernel headers use to be a separate .rpm. In mandrake, they're included in the kernel-source .rpm. The kernel-source MUST match your running kernel.

[root@ml root]# rpm -qa | grep kernel

kernel-source-2.4.22-10mdk

kernel-2.4.22.19mdk-1-1mdk

kernel-2.4.22.6mdk-1-1mdk

[root@ml root]# uname -r

2.4.22-19mdk

[root@ml root]#

uname -r shows which kernel is running

I think they decided (management decision) that the kernel sources will not be included, not even on the new 9.2 rpm´s that fix the LG cdrom problems....

Of course they are included on the powerpack edition of which silver clubmembers can download the first 3 cd's.

On 9.1 they are on the 3rd cd.

And in the future, I think they will be again (mdk10) because the clubmembers will vote to have them on the download edition. If need be, I will start the vote/request on that.

And no, I have no intention of upgrading to silver member.

(IMHO, I have done/am doing enough for Mdk)

Dave, that is definitely a problem.

But, then how did you get the 9.2 iso's?? Somehow you can get on the web, apparently...

Anyway, yes, the sources should be on the download edition iso's, I think that most people agree on that.

However, the clubmembers get to decide; I have 8 votes, I may just invest all to push up the idea of including the kernel sources.

Remember, they included something else instead, supposedly something that was requested by clubmembers.....