JSP/HTML editors

hugerobot

Hi

Are there any good drag/drop WYSIWYG Linux JSP/HTML editors?

I use Dreamweaver on Windows, and was hoping to find something like that.

I actually really like what the Mozilla guys did with Composer, that thing is awesome for HTML... but I really need JSP / dynamic content support like Dreamweaver offers.

I have tried Screem and Quanta, but not really into them.

If only there were a Netbeans plugin for HTML/JSP! But then it would be PERFECT, and it would be like looking at the face of God. I dont know if I'm prepared for that.

Rob

One of the areas lacking on Linux is wysiwyg apps. Especially for html/php/jsp/etc.

As far as I know, there are no apps that would fit what you are looking for. Your best bet would be to do the layout using something like Mozilla Composer and to do all the coding in NetBeans or Forte for Java.

Since my last post, I've actually started using Composer less and less, and am finding that with Netbean's test environment I can very quickly see the results of my coding...

I have used Composer a few times for tricky and complicated layouts, but I am mostly editing code now.

Netbeans is HANDS DOWN the best java/webapp development environment. Between its integrated ant, junit, javadoc, and tomcat as well as configurable code completion and documentation, I don't need anything else. The more I use it, the more I find to like about it.

Like I said in my first post:

If only there were a Netbeans plugin for HTML/JSP! But then it would be PERFECT, and it would be like looking at the face of God. I dont know if I'm prepared for that.  

Eclipse looks like an ugly, awkward toy in comparison. I dont mean that in a bad way... (he he)

Rob