fast reply and fast dissappearing reply

kmack

Not sure if it is just me or what... Did a "fast reply" to a post and then could no longer see the post. I tried to see some other new posts and same thing... all had frame but no text and sometimes the wrong message opened.

Then I went to check MY CONTROLS to see if I had accidently goofed up a setting. While in there, I saw moderator only links in my private mailbox but when I clicked it did say no access. So something was going on.

I logged out and back in but same results so I closed Firebird and cleared the cache and history and seems to work now.

Just wanted you to know... If you need some testing let me know, I'll be in and out for a bit yet.

:) EDIT: now my avatar has disappeared... EDIT AGAIN: I uploaded it again... :huh:

EDIT THIRD TIME: this is like talking to myself, right? Think the posts on the new board that I have done today are wiped out by the update. Looks like the update process might have been what was causing this strange behaviour. I see anon's post about just finishing it.

Looks good and I am getting used to the minor changes here and there. Thanks for everyone's efforts. :)

Edited by kmack

Yes, I think that was it. Seems to have wiped out a thread that Earny and I were working on. It was on the old board and not here yet. I started a new topic and we took off from where we were. But after the update it is missing. No big deal. I rewrote a reply under the old thread that is now here.

Nice work to pull this off as smoothly as you all have done! I am impressed! Thanks! :rolleyes: