urpmi: missing signature

derxen

Hello all,

I've upgraded to 9.2. I have added a contrib media to urpmi, but now when I want to install something via the GUI, I get a missing signature error. When I try via the command line, the error line is 'some files are missing'. I've tried several contrib mirrors, each time with the same result.

Does anyone know anything I could try to fix this?

derxen

More info: in var/lib/urpmi I do find a names file for the contrib source, as well as a hdlist and synthesis, but no list file. So that's probably the reason why urpmi cannot find the packages. But on the other hand there is no list file for the three cd's either.

Still baffled.

derxen

I am using as 9.2 contrib:

ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Man...2/contrib/i586/

hdlist.cz or synthesis.hdlist.cz in the same dir.

Missing signature too, but no problem so far to install The Gimp 1.3.21 (VERY nice), gthumb 2.1.6 and checkinstall.

The update source (same server) has got the key/signature.

the missing signature is that you don't have the pgp signature for the contrib packages installed on your system, so it can't check to see if the signatures are correct.

i'm not sure where the pgp signature for contrib's is, but if you find it let me know ;-) that message is annoying!

I'm not sure the missing signature is the problem, I think it's a symptom of the real cause. Because when I get the missing signature message, and I answer that I want to install anyway (it always worked for me too), I get a new error message, simply saying 'there was an error during installation: unable to install package such and so'. And from the command line, it's just 'Installation failed, some files are missing: [package name]. You may want to update your urpmi database.' But I have tried that and it didn't make a difference.

derxen

I checked in the Software Media Manager, and there is a key there for contrib, the same as for the cd's. Update and plf have different keys. I also checked on the ftp site for a filelist, and there is one, but it's empty. But it's also empty on the site anna mentioned. How does urpmi generate that list ?

derxen

derxen -

- you did an upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2?

- did you changed your contrib sources to the new 9.2 tree?

- they changed (as far as I can see) the relative path to the hdlist.cz for contrib, it's 'not' ../base/hdlist.cz, but only: hdlist.cz

Here is my /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg file (please note that there is also an entry for rpm's on my HD which will not fit into your configuration ...)

Installation CD 1 (x86) (cdrom1) removable://mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RPMS {

hdlist: hdlist.Installation CD 1 (x86) (cdrom1).cz

with_hdlist: ../../Mandrake/base/hdlist1.cz

removable: /dev/hdb

key-ids: 70771ff3

}

Installation CD 2 (x86) (cdrom2) removable://mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RPMS2 {

hdlist: hdlist.Installation CD 2 (x86) (cdrom2).cz

with_hdlist: ../../Mandrake/base/hdlist2.cz

}

International CD (x86) (cdrom3) removable://mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RPMS3 {

hdlist: hdlist.International CD (x86) (cdrom3).cz

with_hdlist: ../../Mandrake/base/hdlist3.cz

}

HD_software file://home/chris/rpms {

hdlist: hdlist.HD_software.cz

list: list.HD_software

}

contrib ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Mandrake/Mandrake/9.2/contrib/i586 {

hdlist: hdlist.contrib.cz

with_hdlist: hdlist.cz

list: list.contrib

}

updates ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Mandrake/Mandrake/updates/9.2/RPMS {

hdlist: hdlist.updates.cz

with_hdlist: ../base/hdlist.cz

list: list.updates

key-ids: 22458a98

}

At the moment many mdk 9.2 users are having problems with the urpmi sources, what I heard.

I don't, but I made a clean install, and have set up the urpmi sources manually in MCC. Easy urpmi at the moment generates incorrect sources for 9.2!!

And: my lists are not empty at all, all descriptions are there!

anna

I did a fresh install of 9.2, keeping my /home folder. Install wasn't flawless, I stupidly tried to resize /home and got into trouble, so I re-installed. Everything seems to work fine now however, so I doubt it has anything to do with it.

my lists are not empty at all, all descriptions are there!

In my urpmi.cfg list.contrib is missing, contrib uses hdlist2, and the relative path to hdlist2 is different. I'll try setting up contrib with the same mirror and path later, and see what happens.

derxen

It worked! I set up the same contrib media as anna, with the same paths etcetera, and it works fine. The problem must have been MandrakeClub's easy urpmi settings. I had set up a contrib media via their easy urpmi, and evidently it gives you the wrong paths. I hope they correct it soon.

Thanks everyone for your help.

derxen

derxen -

- you did an upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2?

- did you changed your contrib sources to the new 9.2 tree?

- they changed (as far as I can see) the relative path to the hdlist.cz for contrib, it's 'not' ../base/hdlist.cz, but only: hdlist.cz

Here is my /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg file (please note that there is also an entry for rpm's on my HD which will not fit into your configuration ...)

<snip>

At the moment many mdk 9.2 users are having problems with the urpmi sources, what I heard.

I don't, but I made a clean install, and have set up the urpmi sources manually in MCC. Easy urpmi at the moment generates incorrect sources for 9.2!!

And: my lists are not empty at all, all descriptions are there!

Thanks for posting this. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what was going on. Some of the mirrors still don't have the 9.2 info there, and urpmi rejected some of the ones that were. I ended up using the mirror you listed in your config and it worked great. Thanks!