Kyro card and openGL

Guest daveclark

Guest daveclark

I have a Kyro graphics card (next time i think i'll buy something better). It seems to be working ok under MDK 9.0.

Looks fine however when ever I use a screensaver that is openGL (am fond of the kEuphoria screensaver) the rendering of the screen saver is really slooow (like 1 frame per second).

Im assuming this is because its not set up right for openGL. My problem is that I dont know how to do this! Can someone help me out in configuring this correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest daveclark

Have tried installing the source version of the Kyro drivers from powervr. A tip for anyone else doing the same thing, you'll need to have the kernel source installed as well.

Anyway did install kernel source, installed the drivers and used the XF86 sample file to modify my XF86Config-4 file.

All went ok however once I rebooted I couldnt start X no matter what I did (even tried installing the backup XF86Config-4 file I had kept before starting) howevere no luck!

Although I built the drivers and installed the kernal source I didnt rebuild the kernel. Can any guru's let me know if this is what I did wrong? If it is a link to how to rebuild your kernel would be appreciated