I messed up SU

VeeDubb

No, I don't hve any idea how it happened, but the su command no longer workds. When I try to open a konsole and enter the su command I get this error "bash: /bin/su: Permission denied

"

How on earth can that happen???

I exited X and logged in as root and I checked as root and the permissions are fine. However, when I start X as root and look at /bin/root, it's a blank file. How do I fix this???

Also, I have tried other things that require root privilages like mandrake control center, and unless I loggout, and log in as root, none of them work. Without su, linux is a pain in the ass, so I could realy use some help.

Nope, sudo referes to su, it's broken by proxy so to speak. Don't stress it guys, I had some other issues so i just re-installed, life is good again.

You nkow, of all the reasons to love linux, I think that is my favorite. I can completely screw up my whole computer, format everything but /home and reinstall EVERYTHING that is realy important in less than an hour. Plus, I have several all of my personaly installed programs on their own partition when possible, so at most I have to redo a couple simlinks, and some require nothing at all like maple9, I installed it under /home and didn't bother linking it to /bin because I'll never want it outside of x. I just put it in my k menu and that doesn't change on a re-install.