Cant get input on soundcard to work

Guest weird al

Guest weird al

I have mandrake 9.1 and all sounds work but I cant get sound through the input jack on the sound card,also dont get sound from cd unless I use xine and cant get joystick to work, I assume

this means all of the sound is running interinaly on the soundcard and nothing exterinaly is comming in. The soundcard is a audigy 2 and it is using alsa drivers. Both the dvd and the cdrw have cables atached to the card. Anyone run into this before or know how to fix it ?

Do you have scsi emulation on the cdrw? As far as I know, most other cdplayers are going to want a /dev/cdrom link to /dev/hdc or /dev/hdd. Actually, this is what I have because I have scsi emulation on both drives:

[root@omarserenity omar]# ls -l /dev/cdrom*

lr-xr-xr-x    1 root     root           13 Oct 11 00:38 /dev/cdrom -> cdroms/cdrom0

lr-xr-xr-x    1 root     root           13 Oct 11 00:38 /dev/cdrom0 -> cdroms/cdrom0

lr-xr-xr-x    1 root     root           13 Oct 11 00:38 /dev/cdrom1 -> cdroms/cdrom1

/dev/cdroms:

total 0

lr-xr-xr-x    1 root     root           34 Dec 31  1969 cdrom0 -> ../scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/cd

lr-xr-xr-x    1 root     root           34 Dec 31  1969 cdrom1 -> ../scsi/host0/bus0/target1/lun0/cd

Guest weird al

yes the cdrw is scsi

[root@localhost lightning]# ls -l /dev/cdrom*

lr-xr-xr-x 1 root root 13 Oct 13 16:08 /dev/cdrom -> cdroms/cdr om0

lr-xr-xr-x 1 root root 13 Oct 13 16:08 /dev/cdrom0 -> cdroms/cd rom0

lr-xr-xr-x 1 root root 13 Oct 13 16:08 /dev/cdrom1 -> cdroms/cd rom1

/dev/cdroms:

total 0

lr-xr-xr-x 1 root root 33 Dec 31 1969 cdrom0 -> ../ide/host0/b us1/target0/lun0/cd

lr-xr-xr-x 1 root root 34 Dec 31 1969 cdrom1 -> ../scsi/host0/ bus0/target0/lun0/cd

[root@localhost lightning]#

Guest weird al
Check your mixer settings.

Open up Aumix and make sure the volume setting for Line In and for CD In are up.  They are set at zero by default.

All mixer settings are up and not muted.The strange thing is the master volume,line,cd and wave settings do not work at all. To change the volume of the speakers I have to use the surround,3d control sigmetal depth and center controls.