Firebird and MIME Types

Guest chinmay

Guest chinmay

Hello,

I have Mozilla Firebird and I installed the mplayer-plugin, but now I've also installed RealPlayer8 and want to use that to play the real audio stuff instead of mplayer, but I can't figure out how to do it. I've gone into Konqueror and made sure the MIME types point to realplayer for the appropriate extensions, but when I do about:plugins in Firebird it still shows audio/x-pn-realaudio and audio/x-realaudio being handled by mplayer-plugin. How can I change this?

Also, all browsers installed seem to have this problem.

Thanks.

Chinmay

I assume firebird will be similar to mozilla

goto edit -> preferences -> navigator -> helper aplications (won't be the same i would immagine)

select the appropriate mime type and hit the edit button, change the viewer that is used.

EDIT

I assumed wrong phoenix doesn't have edit -> preferences it has tools -> options

but unfortuanately it doesn't appear to have a way to edit the helper applications via this dialog(at least in version 0.6 which is what i have).

From MozillaFirebird bookmarks--bookmarks toolbar folder--Mozilla Plugins

http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/faqs/phoenixlin.html

There are a couple bugs reported that mess with RealPlayer and Flash. Maybe that is part of the problem you are facing?

Another thought is to check the Configuration files:

http://texturizer.net/firebird/edit.html and see if there is a setting there that applies. I don't use RealPlayer so cannot tell on my version.

EDIT: Looks like you use KDE. Did you try the File Associations and check what is registered for Real Audio? K-->Configuration-->KDE-->Components--File Associations-->audio-->x-real-audio

Settings there might override things too.

HTH point you in the right direction!