Update Gnome in Redhat

I want to update Gnome to 2.4 in Redhat 9.0 - what would be the best way to do this?

Does upgrading Gnome 2.4 automatically provide me with a more recent version of gnome-python? I want to use gDesklets :wink:

Is there an rpm available for gDesklets, or can I only use source? I've found the gDesklets' sourceforge page, but where do I get the desklets?

Thanks in advance... I'm having fun with RH9 - until Mandy 9.2 comes out, that is :wink:

Ok, I have Gnome 2.4 - Installed Synaptic, added Nyquist repository, disabled the other repositorys and upgraded to Gnome 2.4 Sweet. :lol:

Now I just want to get rid of the Redhat Gnome splash screen and get gDesklets working...

for the splash screen, download a new one from art.gnome.org, run gconf-editor, look under apps, gnome-session, options and set splash_image to point to the image you want...

i'll try to help you with gDesklets some time...

for the splash screen, download a new one from art.gnome.org, run gconf-editor, look under apps, gnome-session, options and set splash_image to point to the image you want...

i'll try to help you with gDesklets some time...

Thanks mon... on gDesklets, I reckon I'll get it going once I get my libs back to what they should be...

Also, Rawhide has the gnome 2.4 rpm's.

Late but what the heck!

EDIT: After I posted, I notice we have the same amount of posts.  :roll:

Great minds...

Gnome 2.4 would be cooler if I could get gDesklets going... doing it from source, it keeps bitching about gobject being missing *sigh*