ZINE configuration

Guest swedeman

Guest swedeman

Aloha,

I'm running Mandrake 9.1, ZINE is loaded, the player pops up, but isn't configured for DVD's. Does anyone know what the settings are, or a URL to explain how to configure ZINE to play DVD"s? Would appreciate any help. Trying my hardest to get away from Windows. Really enjoy Mandrake, just don't know how to work with it yet. Feels like I'm back in 1st grade again!

Check out a search on easy urpmi.

See if you can follow it becuase its very well explained.

This well set the sources to set Xine to play your DVD's

Once you run this set-up ut will allo0w you to use extra software not included for legal reasons and then you willæ be able to play your DVD's

Post back once its done.

You need libdvdcss2 ....

Youll be able to find it in the Add packages but its late and I don't have tome to go through it all, perhaps someoone else will

GOOD LOOK

Guest swedeman

Half Swedish. My mother was from Sweden, married my dad in the states. He's American. Was raised in Oregon, but had a Swedish accent since my mom raised me. Lost it about age 12 years. All my relatives came over from sweden. I was so used to the accent that I always thought the other kids had accents, not me..........

• 2 weeks later...
Guest swedeman

Well, still haven't been able to get it to work. Can't tell you what I've done cuz this is all new to me and I have no idea where I'm at or what the heck I'm doing. I will tell you this, I absolutely LOVE Linux (mandrake 9.1). It is so much better then WIndows (I've used Win95,Win98SE,ME,2000 Pro). Everytime I go back to windows I realize how junk it really is. Have to use it at work. I'm still in 1st grade learning Linux, but I'm determined to know it as well as I learned Windows (fix my own problems at work when Windows goes on the blink. Do a better job then our IT department).

This forum is top rate. I'm checked out alot of the links peopled have listed. Soooooo much to learn.