Tribes2 works under winex!!!!!!!

First, before anybody gets mad at me for running a game with a linux purt under WineX, there are no copies of T2 for linux available ANYWHERE, I've searched.

Anyway, today, just for grins and gigles, I decided to try the latest commercial version of winex. I laid out my 15 bones and what do you know, I can actulay play tribes2. The game works great but I have no sound for the moment. However, several other people have said that the sound works for them, so, we'll see.

Try Wine, never use Transgaming's software.... they hurt more than they help.   And paying them money is hurting you twice

Well, on some levels I agree with you , but here's the deal. Tribes 2 is a direct X game. It does not work under wine and that's all there is to it. The companythat made the linux port is bankrupt and gone. There are no coppies left anywhere, and if I could find a used one, it wouldn't do me any good because you can only have one account per CD key. So I only have 3 options.

1. Use software from a company who's practices I don't like.

2. Give up one of my all time favorite games for ever.

3. Go back to windows and use software who's creaters I like even less.

Seems pretty simple, no offense.

VeeDub -- you do realize that Wine has DX support......
Wine's DX support is not near the level of WineX's. I've tested it out on a few games, (like the three someone mentioned in another post) and it didn't pan out in the least.

You know, I just sat here and rambled on about how dumb all this anti Transgaming hype is, but it's not worth posting.

Here is the thing. There is absolutely no way for me to get a copy of the linux tribes that is in any way usable. I'd like to. As it is, I can only play on-line because the "host a gam" function crashes everytime, but I can't.

I think transgaming has done good work, and if they want $15.00 from me to use it, fine. If you don't want to support good programmers that have taken software that was at best, semi-usable and turned it into something that is not only usefull, but will help more people than ever, transition from Windows to linux, then fine, don't support them, but I will.