mbox and maildir *full* interoperability please!

jeanackle

• 4 months later...

OK, I know this question has kept you from sleeping for many nights now :P , so i'l give u the answer we got in another board... B)

1. Copy your Balsa's "mail" directory to the new (or existing) Kmail's "Mail" directory (I think you can change the names for both of them, you know the drill...)

2. If you run Kmail with your recently copied dir, it will automatically create a ".<dir-name>.index", a ".<dir-name>.index.ids" and a ".<dir-name>.index.sorted" file for each top-level directory in your maildir tree. So just forget about this. :jester:

3. It (Kmail) may or may not also create a hidden version for each of your dirs ( you'll get a ".<dir-name>" dir for a given "<dir-name>" ). The problem is: they'll be empty. Copy the original dir's contents to the the new hidden dirs and voilá! It's done!

Notes:

1- What do you need two copies of each top-level dir for? I don't know. Ask the Kmail's developpers or somthing :P Actually, that's it: do you need them? Or can u link them together? Or maybe empty the first one (u must keep it though)? I haven't tried that yet...

2- This was done with Balsa 2.0.13 and Kmail 1.5.4.