Writting DVD-r with Pioneer 105

Guest x1BeKa

hi guys,

i tried to update my xcdroast (alpha13) to alpha14,witch has full dvd-writing support & i get this error message:

[root@localhost Downloads]# rpm -Uvh xcdroast-0.98alpha14-1.i586.rpm

error: failed dependencies:

cdrtools-cdrecord is needed by xcdroast-0.98alpha14-1

cdrtools-mkisofs is needed by xcdroast-0.98alpha14-1

cdrtools-cdda2wav is needed by xcdroast-0.98alpha14-1

i have installed all of this dependences.....

how can i update my xcdroast?? there is another software able to write dvd-r (working on ps2)??

bye aLL

rpm -ivh --nodeps xcdroast-0.98alpha14-1.i586.rpm

But I installed it and all I get is a message that says "You must install ProDVD support to be able to write DVDs". The only place I could find cdrecord-ProDVD was here: ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/ProDVD/ and those are just binaries and I have no idea how to get xcdroast to use that as ProDVD support.

I don't want to use cxdroast because of prodvd...It isn't opensource....it's free indeed, BUT you have to put in somewhere a key for your specific OS to work...it's listed clearly I believe somewhere...The key changes every couple of years I think. I thought I read soemwhere it woudl change in 2004...and I think prodvd will lock else if you don't update it....hehe..the key-stuff I mostley don't like....and it woudl be nice if you can write dvd's using opensource software....

So, I use gcombust..there are a lot of others. For kde I would recommend k3b..and it can also write dvd's in cvs I think.

But since I use gnome, I found gcombust. Not because it's really pretty, but I liek how things are set up and you should be able to write dvd-. I have a dvd-writer, so I would liek tpo be able to write dvd's...I like it becaus eyou can set yout defaults for a lot of things and teh interface is quite nice, but maybe not so userfriendly as xcdroast...anyway I liek it..but still have to test it out, which I 'm goign to do normally tomorrow.

Steve i must copy&paste that binary file into this folder /usr/usr/lib/xcdroast-0.98/bin/ i tried that solution but i doesnt work fine with my mdk9.1, i going to try gcombust, i'll say something later :D

that's too extrange!

try to install gcombust v1.5.4.i tried to install that one but i didnt find its rpm, and compiling it i get lot of error messages!!! ;.

when i do an urpmi gcombuts, urpmi searches on cdroms, how can i make that urpmi looks on internet?