Mini-PCI

Guest hoser_9

Hey I noticed that people wrote in the other topics that there is not support for mini-pci in linux yet?? Is that true?? Is there anywhere I can find mini-pci drivers

I have a Dell true mobil 1180 wireless card....

I emailed dell asking them if there was any drivers for it in Linux and they replied

that they had an aggrement with M$ and could not support Linux...hehehe

I also noticed it used broadcom chipset that there is no data sheets outhere for it...also a M$ do not disclose aggrement..man .....

Does anyone know of a mini-pci maker that has a linux drivers..

I have the capability I might as well use it..

Dell Inspirion 4150...Mandrake 9.2RC1

Thanks LiquidZoo ..i did not know about MUB

Thanks LiquidZoo ..i did not know about MUB

My pleasure.

As for your card, I know that some are supported and others aren't. It's generally up to the manufacturer (Dell, in this case) to either provide the details so someone can write the driver, or provide the driver itself. If they are in agreement with M$, that's probably not likely to happen anytime soon.

You never know, though. Maybe someone has gotten it to work,

i think that particular mini-pci card does not yet work with linux, but broadcom is supposedly working on it.

also... see here: http://www.petitiononline.com/BCM4301/

dell's stance is utterly ridiculous.

i have an orinoco mini-pci in my laptop that worked fairly well, but bought a cisco aironet pcmcia card so i could use LEAP authentication. cisco's linux support is head and shoulders above most others. if anyone cares, cisco aironet 350 works great for me in ML9.1 on a gateway 200 (same as dell x200 and others). the drivers cd even contains linux drivers and utilities.