Mandrake 9.0 all browsers lock up

Guest justin_warburton

Guest justin_warburton

Me and a co-worker have installed Mandrake 9.0 and we both have the same problem. When using a web browser they just lock up while trying to load pages (seemingly randomly). It happens with Konqueror, Mozilla and Galeon. We have totaly different computers so its not a common hardware problem.

Are these machines identical or from the same manufacturer? If not, go over carefully what was done on each machine, including the selection of options, both in install and in browser configuration. It would help us to know what machine(s) and their configuration you are using to narrow down the problem. Random faults are the most difficult to debug, and it could be something as dumb as choking on the increasing number of sites that do not accept any browser other than IE, although you usually get notified in some way in that sitation. See if you can detect a pattern in the crashes that may not be immediately obvious. The last possibility is a defective install cd. You might think of that as a remote possibility.

Counterspy

Guest viewsonic

This happened to me when I installed the Flash 6 beta to Mozilla. Both Moz and Galeon would lock up and I could not close them, not with kill, killall, kill -9 or any combination. Even restarting X would not kill it. The only solution was to reboot and remove the 6.0 flashplayer files from the Moz plugins folder and replace them with the old 5.0 files.

Guest justin_warburton

Ok so I ran galeon from the command line and looked at the output (shoulda thought of that) anyway the problem seems to be accessing /dev/dsp. I was listening to music as I often do at work and everytime Galeon tries to access /dev/dsp it fails and locks up until it is available. Is there anyway to share /dev/dsp a little easier?