Sign in to follow this  
Kyalami

Video PlayBack Issue [solved]

Hello again!

I'm trying to play back some .AVI files from a Flip Video camera. Wheni open it up in either gxine or KMPlayer, i get a blue-gird like thing over (lots of little dots). Anyone have the same issue.

BTW = the same thing happens with other file formats; and it pretty much appears every time I open up one of these players.

Thanks!

I have a LOT of issues regardless of which version of MDV I use, I believe that in MCNL I ended up loading kaffiene and mplayer

but realize i have a VERY heavily modified version of mcnl, and carry about 8 different USB keys with different configurations on each

@Kyalami: this doesn't ring any bells. Can you be a bit more specific or attach a screencapture to demonstrate what you mean. Another hint to get closer to the cause (and hence the solution): open the movie with mplayer from a terminal window and see what output it gives you -- could be that this AVI-file (remember: AVI is just a container format; many possible ways to encode movies inside AVI (Wikipedia; you may not have the codec to decode the compression scheme that has been used. One package you almost certainly need to have installed is win32-codecs, but you may need others.

Well, actually, I found the problem

I was using Compiz and/or Beryl. When i swtiched to either Metisse, or no desktop effects, the problem was solved.

I don't know if this is obvious, or has been an issue.

But thanks for the help!!

Tom

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this