UT 2003 wont install

Guest fubar::chi

i tried to do this on my pc and it work, then i tried my friends (cuz i just installed mdk on his pc) and it's complaining about some GTK version is too old and the installer crashes. I installed mdk 9.1 and the gtk version is definitely not too old. any ideas on how to solve?

Find out for sure what the Card is.

http://www.unrealtournament2003.com/faq.

Video System: 3D Accelerator card with 16 MB VRAM (*32-128 MB VRAM RECOMMENDED) 16 MB TNT2-class DirectX® version 6 compliant video card. (*NVIDIA GeForce 2/ATI Radeon RECOMMENDED) DirectX® version 8.1 (Included on game disc)

Also, check the output from:

#cat ~/.ut2003/System/UT2003.log for the line:

WARNING: Couldn't allocate AGP memory - turning off support for GL_NV_vertex_array_range

Found this on a ut forum.

Ok I finally fix this, my problem was the supermount, just disable the supermount in console, change to root via SU and run:

supermount -i disable

now reboot, and you see that is no more CDRom and Floopy, just add this devices via right click and now you can mount and unmount the CDrom and you can install UT2K3 without any serious problem.

When you finish the instalacion go to console and go to

home/user/ut2003/update/

and run de loki_update = ./loki_update

this is the autoupdate for UT2K3, this download the latest patch and apply the patch totally auto, less headache

This is what I do and the game run like a charm.

http://www.ina-community.com/forums/showth...sion+is+too+old

:wink:

ut doesn't install so i can't use loki_update, it barely get's past the linux installer step before it gives up the ghost with a gtk error.

Supermount def. isn't the prob cause i disable it and set up gkrellm so my freind can load cds easily. It's still there for floppies though.

• 2 weeks later...

got it installed in X, but that's good to know for next time.

thx ravage and dolson.

The reason it wouldn't install had to do with some update that got applied. Haven't been able to track them down since I switched to RC2 so I'll just file that one in the "let someone else figure it out" catergory