Mandrake Club RPM's

GodFlesh

Hi,

I have discovered recently the rpms from PLF, texsar, and java/flash/pdf on this server.

So i'm wondering, what other RPM do the Mandrake club access provides ?

I do not want to speak of subscribing to this club for suporting mandrake, this is another debate, today i'm only interested in the rmp you get.

What are club rpm ?

I have a little question about Mandrake Club, too but i don´t want to open a special topic for that so i´m asking it here. Are the payments for Mandrake Club only possible via credit card or is there another option to get the money to them ?

There are some commercial apps/drivers, mainly those those included in the box set. Some of the these apps are "free" (as in no cost) like the HCF drivers, but MDK makes sure its download edition is entirely free (as in speech). Plus there are some non-free apps like StarOffice which you can download as a member.

Members got to vote for 9.1 what packages made it into the distro. I'm not sure if they are doing that this time round.

There are also rpms built by Club volunteers but I think those are avaliable for everyone to download.

Finally, yes I think there is an option to do a bank transfer for payment.

Its a type of winmodem, but I only used it as an example. Yes I have used several of the rpms (including the HCF driver). They can be very useful. But in most cases you get the software else where, but not as conviently.

Most have stuff:

StarOffice

Drivers (assuming you have the hardware)

Arcobat

I have a little question about Mandrake Club, too but i don´t want to open a special topic for that so i´m asking it here. Are the payments for Mandrake Club only possible via credit card or is there another option to get the money to them ?

I had paid my 9.0 box with a cheque in Euro .. from france. I would be not surprised if you can do the same from germany. It's Euro after all

roland