Change hosts now everyting change

Jza

Hi since I change my conection from DHCP to regular hostname, ip, gateway.... I have had some problems. I used the connectDrake GUI wizard. I put a localhost.localdomain name, next time I try to start with GNOME a message telling me that I should edit the /etc/hosts

So far so good, I did that however several things have just not being working right. First of all is my printer, no errors, just simply process the job and then aborts. Even cops have trouble redirecting me to the WWW admin tool.

Later my XMMS / LinuxConf / Others dont start saying that they cant find the libgtk+1.2.so.0 library. Which is in /usr/lib/ folder. So as you can see I have plenty of things to re-set up.. I wonder if someone have any experience on this type of things.

I tried tlooking for previous questions since it seems such a simple and usual thing (to change hostanems) but for some reason I couldnt find anything at least in this chat.

Well I did follow the manual and I guess it got worst now since now NO app is running except for opera which was running from before, not even the terminal laucher will launch it.

I guess is now looking for localhost.localdmain instead of the name I gave it.