ordered mandrake 9.1 from almostfreelinux.com and??

Guest william198312

Guest william198312

i ordered them wednesday how long will it take to get to me?? i choosed media mail.

i had problems installing 9.1 on my comp before was it cuz i had a bad one?? i didnt check the mdsums on them either??

will the cds i bought online work like theyre supposed too??

i know nothing of linux and i will be using it for emulation purposes like N64 and psx and MAME!!

i noticed its hard to install video drivers is that true?? is their an GUI for noobs to install the drivers???

will the cds i bought online work like theyre supposed too??
should...if not, exchange.
i noticed its hard to install video drivers is that true??
if you noticed, I guess so, but where you noticed...I d/k. What video card? NVIDIA? Not hard at all. There's still some probs I guess, but visit their forum, Windows users have probs as well. The only diff is that there's not much you can do about it in windows, so the fix is easy....downgrade version. Linux however gives you the opportunity to fix it. Console?..probably. Edit files?...probably. Does this mean it's hard? No, at least you have the option to do so....unlike windows.
is their an GUI for noobs to install the drivers???
nope. Now, in this regard, some my say "it's difficult", but I don't understand that. There are instruction and a lot of howtos and tips flooding the web. If you can read and type...you should be ok. Besides, we are here to help...just ask :)