Problem installing Mandrake 9.2 RC1

Guest chancm

I have a problem doing a HD install, i mounted my iso's but the package program will not take any paths.. in fact after i type in a path etc...

that program pretty much locks up or will instantly CLOSE!!

so since the HD.img only takes 1 cd iso... i cant install anything at all!!

not even the CD1 img isnt in the package manager :( so im just stuck...

the HD install is just broken or something :(

I just want to say that Dell support Linux very well. Actually, my Dell Laptitude notebook has gotten no problem installing Mandrake 9/ 9.1, Redhat 8/9, Thizlinux 4, Redflag Linux 3.2 and Suse 8. It just comes to Mandrake 9.2, no beta or RC can work. It seems that 9.2 forget to support Dell, not Dell not support linux. I really hope mandrake to continue their support to Dell in the new distro.

I just want to say that Dell support Linux very well. Actually, my Dell Laptitude notebook has gotten no problem installing Mandrake 9/ 9.1, Redhat 8/9, Thizlinux 4, Redflag Linux 3.2  and Suse 8. It just comes to Mandrake 9.2, no beta or RC can work. It seems that 9.2 forget to support Dell, not Dell not support linux. I really hope mandrake to continue their support to Dell in the new distro.

Did you send a cooker report of that ?

Guest william198312

lol i had the exact problem your having with mandrake..but it was redhat for me with its obsolete software..i had the cd in the drive the sucker STILL asked for my redhat linux cd.

but on my mandrake cds i burnt i got an annoying error with ramdisk message..maybe cause i didnt bother to check the sums on them??

oh and one more thing.

with that program md5summer its ok but try to match your iso sum with the one thats on linuxiso.org. if your downloading from their mirrors.

i did do that with my iso images and they dont work right ...YET md5summer says theyre OK images....go figure...