smtp server refusing to accept mail

Guest tezca

heres the problem, I can send mail out of one of my servers in a dmz the router is another linux machine (3 -way server/router) both machines use shorewall as the firewall, and have the smtp port open in the rules, I can email out of the server with various names like webmaster@urrutiafineart.com

while i ssh to the server and do a nslookup on mail.urrutiafineart.com and smtp.urrutiafineart.com , pop.urutiafineart.com all come up with correct ip address ,..... but when I email to the above mentioned email address I get a mailer daemon that says in the details , the email was refused by urrutiafineart.com

I set that name in the aliases, but perhaps there is another file I forgot or I did it wrong, anybody got some clues to help, I'm gonna try and open the pop or imap port once I fugure this out, or perhaps they would be better? any input is greatly apprieciated

Ok , so I got the sendmail server to accept connections , but now I tried connecting through a client profram such as netscape on a mac to get email through POP which I know works becuase I used it on my server via secure shell. now when I try and connect via a dialup on this mac the connection takes forever and then says the connection was refused?

anyclues, why the pop server would be denying connections?

• 4 weeks later...