Firebird and Shockwave-Flash player

sud_crow

Im having this issue with Firebird, i cant see this page:

www.dattatec.com

correctly, it tells me it needs (application/x-shockwave-flash) plugin.

well i downloaded the Flash plugin, installed several times, and cant get it working

i already searched in the forum for such a problem and in google, i just coulndt find a solution, its always the same, "you have to copy libflashplayer.so and flashplayer.xpt to the plugins directory in the firebird main directory, or to the profile"

i tryed both, first one, then the other, then the 2. and still doesnt work. Also macromedia 's flash test page doesnt work.

http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/welcome/

is this me or whats going on??

I had a problem at first too... cannot remember all I did, but I copied the following files to my ~/MozillaFirebird/plugins directory:

flashplayer.xpt

libflashplayer.so

libjavaplugin_oji.so

libnullplugin.so

Assume you read: http://texturizer.net/firebird/faq.html#2.1

You have to remember to close Firebird when you copy the files.

This gives me good flash and java results. I can see the first page, but not getting both screens to work on the Macromedia test site. Only the flash works for me. It was MAJOR slow probably due to internet traffic so took a long time to load... 3 min or so! :cry:

(edit) DUH: just remembered this... from http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/faqs/phoenixlin.html

Q: How can I use Shockwave on Linux?

A: This requires the Crossover plugin.

so that is why Shockwave won't work... but flash does work fine.

Go to www.homestarrunner.com to test your flash too. Watch the intro and check out Strongbad emails for a good test run and a laugh.

Hi,

yes i had copied those files (but java and null have nothing to do with the flash)

also i read all the faq and everything...

i finally got over it doing this:

i remembered that mozilla needed to be run as root for the first time, for the profile and such, so i thought that maybe when you install a plugin you might have to do the same (with firebird though) so to do this i had to be root, launched a Eterm and "su" to root, then launched "firebird" and i read the above:

/usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 file missing .... bla bla bla...

so i started looking and i didnt had that file, it seems is a bug and you have to link it to "/usr/lib/libstdc++.so" so the solution was:

[crow@lfs /usr/MozillaFirebird/plugins]$ ln -s /usr/lib/libstdc++.so /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3

im writing all these so when someone uses the search with something involving the above problem will find the solution... damn, i wonder why someone did it before so i could spare the time!... jeje

good luck everyone with that!

bye the way!!

loved the link!! no better way for showing off my brand new flash player!!!

thanks!!!