Scanner Icon on Desktop [solved]

SilverSurfer60

You can disable all icons on the desktop if you like by running gconf-editor and then go to apps --> nautilus --> preferences --> show_desktop and disable this. It means all icons on the desktop won't exist anymore, but you can access them all underneath the Places menu at the top of the screen anyway.

I don't know specifically for just the scanner icon.

Thank you Ian. I'd rather have some on the desktop as a quick way of launching them. Lazy I suppose. The one I was asking about is put on the desktop automatically everytime I boot up and is done by a process called dynamic and the problem is it puts a rather long and silly name for the icon associated with XSane. I prefer kooka to Sane for what little scanning I do so it looks like I'll have to uninstall it.

Thanks Anyway.

Ah, I did uninstall Sane along with a few others belonging to Sane but had to leave the libs as they wanted to take a bucket load of others as well. I then went through what I could find relating to the desktop icons and deleted anything to do with sane. It's now gone. [solved] you could say.