My favorate programming tools

My favorate C tools are 2 Shells in X-Windows both running in one konsole window, the first one running 'MC' and it's F4 Editor, to do the actual C, The second for compiling the app that I am working on, without having to leave the F4 editor.

Windows can be swapped using the SHIFT + <--(arrow keys)-->.

If the possibility of opening 2 shells under a single konsole does not exist, I use ctrl+o to get to a clean shell to compile my program, and back into MC's editor without even shutting it.

What's your programming preference?

Sean.

For C and C++ programming I use an IDE called anjuta. Excellent editor and it uses gcc and gdb as its compiler and debugger respectively.

For java programming, I use one of two tools - jEdit or Sun One Studio / netbeans. It depends on the size of the project.

For Ruby, and just about any other programming, I will use jEdit if it is available and if not, then I will use either xemacs or vim. Depends on what kind of mood I am in.

Once you get totally bitchin' with vi (stop groaning) you are really fast with it.

I guess it all depends on the mood I'm in. sean - you'd like krudaser for sure. I like using krusader in fluxbox, mc at the console without x.

For web stuff there's Bluefish and for small edits just bring up a console and use nano.

C++? Haven't done much for ages. Actually since i started using Linux. Though i have tinkered with Kylix.

for python I use IDLE. And again nano a bit.

I really have to get into Linux programming sometime.

I do have one thing i've been planning to do in Python, just haven't got around to it.

James