A plea for a bbkeys rpm

Guest Adriano

Guest Adriano

(I'm not really sure if this belongs in here or in the "Everything Linux" forum)

I use the Blackbox wm for my everyday X needs. The thing is, Blackbox without its "brother" bbkeys (its keygrabber) is worth almost nil. I can download it, of course, but it'd be nice to get it again on the installation CDs (It was there on drake 8.2, then vanished in 9.1).

The problem: I don't have the money to spend on a club subscription. I'm asking any club members with time and rpm suggestions to spare a bit of help :)

TIA

Guest Adriano

I didn't explain myself well. What I meant to say wasn't that it's difficult to get it (I installed it 2 or 3 days after the mandrake install), but that it should be in one of the 3 "download edition" CDs if they carry blackbox, because blackbox depends a lot on it. I'd ask for bbconf too, but that's pushing a little too much.

yes, but bb doesn't 'depend' on it....it's an 'extra' that you can get on your own.

it should be in one of the 3 "download edition" CDs if they carry blackbox
The only way to voice your opinion on that is to join the club and vote :wink: :roll:

Guest Adriano

Well... Blackbox itself could be considered an extra too, couldn't it?

nyway:

10 EXPLAIN PROBLEM

20 BE MISUNDERSTOOD

30 EXPLAIN BETTER

40 GOTO 1

Well... Blackbox itself could be considered an extra too, couldn't it?
Yep. Maybe it has something to do with bbconf and bbkeys not being devel by the bb devel? (at least I don't think they are). So hey, where's fluxbox? (I know its some opensource GNU hangup). Why is bb on the cd's at all, is my question? Choice? Yep. Ice has apps that aren't on the cd's. E has apps that aren't on the cd's. Why aren't they? Clutter? Overboard? Well, we sure don't need 5 or 6 email clients do we? So it can't be clutter. I think for the most part ML wanted you to know there's choices, which is great! There's only so much time to devel/test pkgs and a release. I think they do the best they can with how they've decided to include so many apps. They could do like RH and not give you choices and spend more time on releasing a stable release with just 2 cd's :shock: ...oooops, did I say that? :wink: I could go for that....oooo....how about ML double their devel and increase the release cycle to 9mths, release 5 cd's, and raise the price 20 bucks, now that'd be coooOOool, huh? ML is all about OpenSource/GNU, they're about choice, so I crack up when people complain (not that you're complaining, just asking) about an app missing. When it comes to apps out of the box, ML is about as good as it gets.