Nice fonts

iphitus

It hasn't been installed by default for me. Though i didn't install KDE either. But it made a helluva difference. There are nice fonts in all my GTK2 apps. The fonts in Mozilla 1.4 used to look horrible. Now they are brilliant, nice and clean.

James

there are also some font packages on texstars repo. that are nice, such as the msfonts package. check the sticky in Everything Linux called Linux and 2003 for more info on texstars repo., along with others.

So James, are you saying that if you use the ordinary freetype2 packages instead of the bytecode enabled ones from texstar or plf, all your fonts look better?

I've had trouble with the fonts in Mozilla-1.4 too. The mozilla you download from mozilla-org displays some fonts anti-aliased, and not others. The one from texstar does all fonts anti-aliased, but they look terrible: too thick and the italic fonts 'dance'. With older versions of mozilla you could play around with the unix.js file in pref and change the truetype and freetype settings, but that doesn't seem to work anymore. Does anyone know what's up with that?

derxen