No Doom III in 2003

jlc

During Activisions's financial quarterly conference call, company execs updated their 2003 release calendar and the long anticipated id Software first person shooter Doom III was not among the games planned for release this year. During the conference call, the execs stated that for planning purposes they have Doom III pencilled in for the fourth quarter 2004 fiscal year (Jan-March 2004) but added that id Software, not Activision, dictates when the game will finally be released. Activision also had other game titles that were announced as being delayed, including True Crime: Streets of LA, which will be delayed from September until later in the fall of 2003 and the Gray Matter first person shooter Trinity which will be moved into sometime into the fiscal year 2005 (which begins on April of 2004). Activision also announced that Rome: Total War, the console Call of Duty game and Quake IV are all currently scheduled to be released in the fiscal 2005 time period.

Guest dardack

Yea at least id won't realease stuff till it's ready, unlike most company's. I mean i can throw in my original Quake (i,ii,oriii) disk and not have to download any patches for it to work fine (yea no loging into other servers without the updated patches). Wish most company's were like that.

Also fiscal 2005 starts April 2004, so hopefully next spring right after Doom III we'll get Quake IV.

Have they all still commited to Linux installs? Were's DOlson at?

Guest JaseP

Well, better late than never...

I heard that Doom III will one of the scariest games ever released...

Of course, what's scary anymore when 5-year-olds watch Nightmare on Elmstreet movies on cable????

Still - have you seen that new vid? Crazy - it will be scary! Watching something is totally different that sneaking around a corner trying not to let your shadow give you away.. ,low on ammo/health and BANG!! you walk into a revenant's chest!! EEEK!!!

Whoever questions doom 3 or quake 4 having linux installs know this: Carmack is no M$ lover and dedicates all of his talent to cross-platform play. The console in play is a bash prompt, pretty much. id are big linux fans, that's why they open source their game engines.