Odd 'lock ups'?

Well, I removed the extender, and it's now throwing the USB error anymore, but it's still locking up. Has twice now, with the following errors:

Aug 18 11:33:39 localhost kernel: crashreporter[4818]: segfault at b707eda0 eip b707eda0 esp bf92523c error 14

Aug 20 02:39:19 localhost kernel: pulseaudio[6543]: segfault at 00003348 eip b7ece5f8 esp b75e2de4 error 4

Just noticing however, they all seem to occur shortly after Mandriva checks for updates. I'll try disabling that and see what happens.

I don't know if you still have this problem, but if yes. I would recommend you to run memtest, download the following ISO image, burn it to CD and then boot from it and let the memtest run for at least 24 hours:

http://www.memtest86.com/memtest86-3.4a.iso.zip

Random segfaults and lockup like you are seeing are often caused by memory errors (could then be either defective memory or wrong bios timing/voltage settings).

If memtest finds errors then run it again with just a single DIMM inserted (if you have more than one) in turns, until you find the defective one (if they all give errors then the problem is more likely bios settings or even cpu or mobo problems).