Sound Card Problems

Guest rpgsearcherz

Guest rpgsearcherz

Okay, I am having some trouble w/ Mandrake Linux 9.0. I have installed it on my pc, but it will not read my sound card, and everytime i test sound, it says that it could not find a sound card driver in /dev/XXX. My sound card is built into my motherboard, which is a ASUS A7N8X Ultra. Does anyone know what i can do? Please reply. Thanks

I'm not familiar with that particular mobo, so I can't help without morte info, but I can say this: It's almost certainly because it's using the wrong driver. Find out what soundcard you have (yes, I know it's built in, but it's still a sound card. My built in is a C-media somethingorother)

Once we have that info, it's probably pertty easy to fix.

Asus sight says it is a Realtek audio chip, #alc650. So look for that driver to run the card.

Also, make sure that you have it on in the bios; mandrake should at least detect it.

Oops! :oops: The delux is an NVIDIAA soundstorma audio chip. I fear the worst! :shock: Try the nvidia sight.

GO HERE