eroaster and k3b write a single long wav file!!

MottS

I guys..

I wrote this topic on the club-init forum but didn't get any answer and this problem drive me crazy so if I can get ANY bit of help here.. I'll be to heaven

I installed Eroaster (which uses cdrecord) and tryed to burn an audio cd. It converted the mp3 to wav no prob and then it started to burn the cd. When I pop the cd in my car, I realized that the god damn prog burned a single LONG wav file !.. no way to jump to the x song.. just 1 song!

So, I tryed by hand to (re)burn my cd by typing

cdrecord -v -eject -pad -audio dev=0,2,0 speed=32 *.wav

and everything went well.. :-D

However, I showed the step to burn a cd (convert mp3 to wav using xmms then type the cdrecord command into a shell) to my girlfriend and she started to complain about linux... grrrr they are all the same :-D

So to still be able to get favours from her, I installed a _nice_ user interface... k3b (which uses cdrdao), which looks like nero. She love nero. I (re)burn my cd using that but now it's even weirer (ish.. don't know if we can say it). From my computer, all the song seems to be separate on the cd. However, in the car, I can read the first song and skip to other but they wont play.. the cdplayer just stall there and stop

pleazz.. help.. I need a GUI that is wise!!

MottS

I don't know the answer to your problem but have you tried X-CD-Roast? It's really easy to use to burn music cds. Actually for that purpose I prefer it over ERoaster although I use Eroaster for everything else. Just a thought!

I don't like xcdroast because there is way too much options... or they are not presented clearly. However, I did try xcdroast and got the exam same problem. Do I have to choose DAO (disk-at-once) or TAO (Track-at-once) for audio cds? I choosed dao (the default) and xcdroast burned a 57 minutes long wav file.. very usefull. :-(

Any other idea?

MottS

I have retry to burn with xcdroast using the TAO uption (Track-at-once). Believe it or not but it burned 12 separate songs!!!!!

I'm gonna now try with eroater unchecking the DAO (disk-at-once) option to see if it make separate songs at it should..

MottS

ok.. I solved the problem.. I was the problem actually. When you burn an audio cd, select TRACK-AT-ONCE (TAO) and not DAO because its going to burn a single long wave file.

Now I can burn with K3b, eroaster, xcdroast or whata.. everything works well :-D

MottS