How to go BACK to Mozilla 1.3.1?

sud_crow

Hi, well, i tryed everything i could, and i cant still get 1.4 not to show me the Profile thingy, also, the fonts are all screwed up, then, i decided to go back to 1.3.1, BUT! as i didnt installed 1.4 from a RPM.... i cant uninstall, but anyway, i dont want to uninstall it, i just want to run 1.3.1, and i cant becouse it keeps launching 1.4, although /usr/lib/mozilla-1.3.1 its there, and it has all its files in.

when i installed 1.4 i changed /usr/bin/mozilla , i renamed it and made a soft link to the 1.4, so the apps and everything could lauch 1.4...

Now, i made the changes back, and still launches 1.4!!!

so, if someone, can give me its 'execute' thing on the properties of the link they use to launch it, i would be very gratefull.... also, any other way of fixing this is welcome.

don't know if you checked out this thread i started http://mandrakeusers.org/viewtopic.php?t=6...3293f6e165a9cda

but i've been going through Mozilla 1.4 h*ll. read through that thread & you should be able to get Moz1.3.1 working again. if it helps, the shortcut excute command in my Moz1.3.1 is

/usr/bin/mozilla %u

. that opens up version 1.3.1 for me (adust the path to reflect your Mozilla location). i also have a shortcut & working version for Moz1.4, albeit without Java support & lame fonts (see above link to thread). i'd think if you just delete the Moz1.4 directory, you should be able to use 1.3.1 again because that would be the only version of Moz on your computer. anywho, i'm just a Noobie, so maybe somebody else will have a different answer, but that's what worked for me.

Chris

Hi,

well i actually forgot :roll: to post last night i got it working! :lol:

thanks for the tip anyway.

I did that, but with

soundwrapper /usr/bin/mozilla %u

the problem was that i had renamed mozilla in /usr/bin to mozilla.bk and placed a symbolic link called mozilla pointing to /usr/local/mozilla/mozilla where mozilla 1.4 is installed, when i deleted the symbolic link and renamed back mozilla.bk to mozilla, i launched it and it kept opening moz 1.4, the thing was that in a virtual desktop i had a running window of mozilla 1.4 and it seems that was the problem, becouse when i closed it, and tryed again (i just imagined something like this was going on) it worked, i got 1.3.1 as my default browser again... AND IM SO HAPPY!!!

At least, i hope this thread will help anyone who has the same problem.

Thanks again for the help! :wink:

glad you got it worked out!

Chris