FreeSpace and FreeSpace 2 minor annoyance...

Guest JaseP

Guest JaseP

I have FreeSpace 1 & 2 as installed by Ravage's installers.

I notice that when I run them, I get a noticable slowdown followed by a speed-up of what's happening on screen. It doesn't seem to be related to pure framerates either. It doesn't effect other games. The games seem to run closer to the orignally intended speed at the 2X time acceleration mode, excepting of course when the speed-up occurs and makes everyting move too fast for a couple of seconds.

Does anyone else have this and, what is the cure (if any)????

I hate having to do builds from CVS...

it's not really all that hard ;-)

what do you use as your controller? keyboard? i need to hunt down a nice joystick that works with linux....any suggestions?

Guest JaseP

Controller?!?! I have a Logitech Marble optical trackball. It's great for those types of games.

Yeah, I know building from CVSs isn't all that hard,... It's just that I don't like to do it. Any compiling to me is a real pain in the arse.

Controller?!?! I have a Logitech Marble optical trackball. It's great for those types of games.
oh...those would be nice...i should get one again...(used to have one, it died)

I hate having to do builds from CVS...

it's not really all that hard ;-)

what do you use as your controller? keyboard? i need to hunt down a nice joystick that works with linux....any suggestions?

If you want a gamepad, I recommend the Interact Hammerhead FX (modprobe interact), or the Interact AxisPad (if they work in Linux, and they should, as the author of interact.o said they should).

If you want and actual JOYSTICK, then I don't know. I hate them.