Root login at beginning

Guest dardack

That what this place is for! Man - these chumps great, or what? :twisted:

Anyway - you do know that if you are in a regular console you can just type "su" and give your root password, right? Then you're root until you "exit" That's all I ever do - logging in as root is a bad idea, mmkay? Glad to see you won't be doing that silliness. Weird - I have a friend who's really getting into linux - but he insists on having only root - and doing EVERYTHING as root. Moron. Something's gonna go sour, and when it does, I have a shiney "told ya so" waitin'...

? WHA ?

Those aren't flames man! I love my friend! But running as root is extremely unwise with all those ill-mannered, script-kiddie dumb@$$es running around.

As for what people do with their PC; of course it's nobody's business - BUT when you call me up twice a week to help you fix it you make it my business. Don't ask for my help and ignore my advice - pick one. See? ;)

Flames ? Bah.

I don't call friends silly, weird and a moron, but whatever floats your boat, just keep it off the forum. Prob is, you have called anyone that logs in as root all the time silly, weird, and morons. That is a flame...and you thought you were just referring to your friend?...as if everyone here would agree with you, and no one here logs in as root? Come on. :roll: