MandrakeLiux PC Card modem

Guest 1000mhz

Guest 1000mhz

I have a agere modem and there is on driver for this modem and was wondering what kind for PCMCIA modem that works well and is a hardware based.

Sorry is it a agere PC Card (PCMCIA Modem) or are you asking if you have the agere modem but you can't find a driver and what other type of PC card modem might work :-)

Anyway, I think the agere modems might be supported,

As I remember they were the old Wanadoo ones in France...

(If you aren't comfortable posting in English, don't worry, someone will translate for you.) it might take a day....

p.s Just guessing from the make of your modem and short post :-)

Guest 1000mhz

I have a agere modem that is a onboard the toshiba 1415-173 laptop and no driver outhere.

I was wanting to buy a pcmcia modem and was wondering what I need to buy so I will not be in the same boat I am in now. I read that 3com has a hardware modem that will work but what about the ones out now and will they work.

I saw some agere modems discussed on a french linux site. Ill check it out (maybe later)

It could be that they were saying there was no driver so don't hoild your breath. I was looking for my ethernet DSL modem so I didn't read them.

Are you using 9.0 or 9.1.... I noticed some winmodems being supported under 9.1 that weren't under 9.0.

I have a friend bought a 3com one and I know its working under Lycoris ...

You might be more lucky doing a google search with the actual model number ?? unless your absolutely certain it won't work.

Guest 1000mhz

Yes checked out all that and I am useing 9.1 Mandrakelinux

Is 3com's modem out now the way to go or are there any other hardware modem out there.

Have you tried::::

http://www.heby.de/ltmodem

They tend to be in a lot of laptoips, could be the same chipset as the lucent one which i got working on my laptop

Anyway, woth a go before you part with your hard earned cah ... unless work are paying of course, then you can save your cpu cycles for latenight online gaming in the hotel :wink: