Unable to use display manager

scoonma

Hi there,

I'm working on a longer lasting problem with Mandriva2008.1: After starting the user login chooser ("service dm start"), the menu is displayed all right. However, I cannot login using any of my users when compiz is used. Before getting a normal user desktop, I'm asked to type in my user password in order to choose drak3d for gfx display (mcc component). DM is being restarted and one should think everything is all right. However, when trying to do the next login, everything is like before, i.e. the systems asks for a password and so on.

On a freshly installed MDV2008.1 system this strange behaviour does not occur, but I'm willing to give my girfriend her own profile here. So I don't want to do a complete new install. Maybe someone has an idea here. The file .xsession-errors contains

the following:

sh: /etc/sysconfig/compositing-wm: Keine Berechtigung (means "no authorization")

Can't register passkey agent

The name org.bluez was not provided by any .service files

I found that /etc/sysconfig/compositing-wm and /etc/sysconfig/compositing-server are being recreated with limited rights, probably producing the error cited above?!?